Search This Blog

Pages

Saturday, July 10, 2010

I like Freida Pinto: Dev Patel

You cannot talk to Dev Patel without asking him questions about his rumoured girlfriend Freida Pinto. So, when DNA spoke to Dev during the promotion of his forthcoming Hollywood movie, we asked him to open his heart and share with us things he loves about Freida. We also asked him how he feels now that Freida has got much more attention than him after Slumdog success.

"I really don't know that but Freida has got universal beauty so she was bound to get all the attention and besides this industry functions that way. But she has really worked hard to get where she is today. So it's okay if she has got extra mileage," he told DNA.

When questioned on rumours of him not working with Freida in future, he says, "Oh, it was out of context. I meant if we work together we would just be giggling and having a gala time than really working. So, now you know what I meant. Otherwise it would be great as we would get to spend more time together. I like Freida."

Dev has become a household name after Danny Boyle's movie was a raging success. His next is directed by the Oscar-nominated M. Night Shyamalan. Asked why he chose to do an animated television series, an adaptation of Avatar, he says, "I was getting roles but they were similar to my role (Jamal) in Slumdog. I did not want to be typecast. So, when I was offered this role, where I play the prince and I fight, do stunts which I have never done in front of camera, I was game."

Talking about his female fan following, Dev reveals, "My mom is my biggest fan (laughs). Seriously, it's really cool as I am a very simple guy not a sex icon. It's a great feeling when people like you."

Finally, he says that he is very interested in working in a Bollywood movie, "Yes, of course I would just jump at it. I love watching Bollywood movies and my entire family does. So I really would love to be a part of it," he ends.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Infolinks In Text Ads